Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > OTHER CURRENT BRANDS
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 23rd November 2011, 03:44 PM
drnarayanan drnarayanan is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,488
Default

Well , yes, they are cheaper priced .

For their prices , they are decent models .

I would like to have as many lions as possible in my collections , from different brands , in different feel and poses . I love them all .

I love to display them all in one group .

These 2 lions have not come out well in the photos . May be they are non- photogenic .
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 24th November 2011, 08:38 PM
Bowhead Whale's Avatar
Bowhead Whale Bowhead Whale is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mauricie, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnarayanan View Post
Well , yes, they are cheaper priced .

For their prices , they are decent models .

I would like to have as many lions as possible in my collections , from different brands , in different feel and poses . I love them all .

I love to display them all in one group .

These 2 lions have not come out well in the photos . May be they are non- photogenic .
What about an old 1980's NeoForm lion? I have one in my bedroom. It's represented roaring, widely "ambling". (In french, "amble" is the type of walking where an animal moves the two legs on one side at the same time, like a giraffe or a gnu).
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 24th November 2011, 10:03 PM
HyenaSean HyenaSean is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastend, Saskatchewan
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhead Whale View Post
What about an old 1980's NeoForm lion? I have one in my bedroom. It's represented roaring, widely "ambling". (In french, "amble" is the type of walking where an animal moves the two legs on one side at the same time, like a giraffe or a gnu).
Are those a sort of soft rubbery material? I think I have one.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 26th November 2011, 07:39 PM
Bowhead Whale's Avatar
Bowhead Whale Bowhead Whale is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mauricie, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyenaSean View Post
Are those a sort of soft rubbery material? I think I have one.
Yes, it's soft rubbery material. Do you also have the tiger?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 26th November 2011, 11:29 PM
HyenaSean HyenaSean is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastend, Saskatchewan
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhead Whale View Post
Yes, it's soft rubbery material. Do you also have the tiger?
No, but I think I have a Polar bear as well--do they have an NF stamped on them?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 8th December 2011, 07:43 PM
Bowhead Whale's Avatar
Bowhead Whale Bowhead Whale is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mauricie, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyenaSean View Post
No, but I think I have a Polar bear as well--do they have an NF stamped on them?
Yes, they have.

To get back to our lions, I'd say you're also a bit severe with the Bullyland one. After all, its pose is original and nowadays, you don't get many "Made in Germany" toys on the market anymore!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 8th December 2011, 10:50 PM
HyenaSean HyenaSean is offline
check "GUIDELINES - ...."
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastend, Saskatchewan
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhead Whale View Post
Yes, they have.

To get back to our lions, I'd say you're also a bit severe with the Bullyland one. After all, its pose is original and nowadays, you don't get many "Made in Germany" toys on the market anymore!
I guess I have NeoForms, who knew? They are kind of weird looking to me.

And honestly, I think it is rather ethnocentric or disingenuous to determine that 'better' and 'European' are automatically synonymous. There are a lot of terrible Schleich figures from the German days, and Bullyland has a lot of misses as well. On the Asian side, I don't think anyone would deny that Japanese companies like Kaiyodo and Kinto can make some amazing figures--even if they then produce them in China. Plus, I have plenty of really cool made-in-China figures that are worth more to me (and possibly to collectors) than much of my German Schleich stuff.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.