Laughing Giraffe Queens Of Hearts      

Go Back   Laughing Giraffe > SCHLEICH and OTHER TOY ANIMALS > GENERAL DISCUSSION
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd April 2010, 03:12 PM
check "GUIDELINES - ...."

As a biologist, I must say for any species, chances are the Safari version is going to be the best OK, maybe not ALWAYS but most of the time
Old 3rd April 2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikimalou View Post
I have the new Papo, the Carnegie and the Bullyland and they are a small but very nice herd.
The Carnegie is really beautiful but IMHO not so realistic, the way it walk is absolutely false.
It's also true for the two others but one can believe they just stand...
Despite this, they are really fine.
The Papo is better in real life than on pics and, for me, far better than the Schleich which I don't want to buy.

The way it walks? does yours move ? lol i see little wrong with the pose, elephant legs do bend when they walk
Old 7th April 2010, 02:59 PM

The problem with the way the Carnegie walks is the leg position--most animals, except cats and camels (!)--walk with an opposite pattern, i.e., the front limb that swings forward is complemented by the rear leg from the opposite side (this is actually a very common error in many figures, models, and even museum mounts).

The Carnegie mammoth has its two right limbs swinging forward at the same time, a very unnatural way for most animals to move. To be honest, I just noticed that they are all moving unnaturally; the Carnegie just has a much more obvious swing.
Old 7th April 2010, 05:01 PM

doesn't look like the back legs swinging to me and wouldn't think that was an impossible pose if it makes a difference though i see what your saying. Still the most realistic mammoth imo as it looks less of a toy and more of a model than the others
Old 7th April 2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petebuster1 View Post
doesn't look like the back legs swinging to me and wouldn't think that was an impossible pose if it makes a difference though i see what your saying. Still the most realistic mammoth imo as it looks less of a toy and more of a model than the others
The Carnegie is certainly the best of the bunch (I prefer the running Papo one, but it is long out of production); but the impossible leg-swing may bother some people. To be 'real' the right front leg and rear left leg should be swinging forward at the same time.

Try it yourself--make yourself walk with your two limbs from the same side swinging at the same time; the concentration it requires is ridiculous.
Old 7th April 2010, 10:59 PM

lol i know what was meant but in a standing position that pose is quite possible after all the hind leg is on the floor so if we pressume about to lift the front one its quite possible,we often see elephants moving a front leg not being on the march so we'll have to pressume this one is just exercising and not walking,maybe they'll get it right next time, but as you say still the best depiction
Old 8th April 2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyenaSean View Post
The Carnegie is certainly the best of the bunch (I prefer the running Papo one, but it is long out of production); but the impossible leg-swing may bother some people. To be 'real' the right front leg and rear left leg should be swinging forward at the same time.

Try it yourself--make yourself walk with your two limbs from the same side swinging at the same time; the concentration it requires is ridiculous.
But a few animals walk that way; in french, we call it " l'amble". Giraffes do it, to avoid thir legs hitting each other while walking. Bears also do it, to avoid wounding their wrists with their back claws.
Old 9th April 2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikimalou View Post
Isn't this one's eye in the wrong place?
Old 9th April 2010, 07:48 PM

it does seem a bit too far forward
Old 20th August 2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petebuster1 View Post
it does seem a bit too far forward
This little mistake sometimes happen with two-side molds.