Laughing Giraffe

Laughing Giraffe (http://www.laughinggiraffe.com/index.php)
-   SAFARI LTD. ONLY (http://www.laughinggiraffe.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   My Newly Acquired Safari Animals !!! (http://www.laughinggiraffe.com/showthread.php?t=4982)

drnarayanan 15th May 2010 12:59 PM

My Newly Acquired Safari Animals !!!

9 Attachment(s)
Guys , I had a great opportunity to buy loads of brilliant safari figurines in my tours this year .

No doubt , SAFARI is going to be the front most animal figurines producer very shortly [ no wonder over coming schleich perhaps ] when I look at their HUGE RANGE OF RARE ANIMALS [ Pangolin , Armadillo , Flying squirrel etc etc. ] , BRILLIANT SCULPTS and SOLID SCALES for display in collections . :cool: :cool: :cool:

Here are some pics. of my Safari stuffs ..... I have taken maximum angles of each figurine as I was totally engrossed in their details and accuracy as COLLECTORS' ITEMS .

First , The flying squirrel and Pangolin - awesome details ..... especially of the prominences of the squirrel 's body with the merged flying flap either sides , Pangolin 's layered skin surface .

drnarayanan 15th May 2010 02:09 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Here goes the Majestic bald eagle [ my most favourite ] and the Armadillo .

drnarayanan 15th May 2010 02:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
To me , the best FREISIAN STALLION is the safari's [ with the schleich's retired Freisian stallion ]. What a chiselled sculpt ? It's fabulous - the wavy manes and thick tail , macho look and perfect depiction of the musculo skeletal system . A master piece of safari . Thank God I got this as brand new stuff .

HKHollinstone 15th May 2010 02:42 PM

Congratulations! They are fabulous. I love the Friesian, beautiful.

Andy DC 16th May 2010 05:40 PM

Yes the Friesian is beautiful, I also love the bald eagle, great detail.

Kiryuha 16th May 2010 06:48 PM

Congrats!
But...
Quote:

Originally Posted by drnarayanan (Post 53221)
No doubt , SAFARI is going to be the front most animal figurines producer very shortly [ no wonder over coming schleich perhaps ]...

... there's a serious doubt about that :cool:

Andy DC 16th May 2010 08:52 PM

Yes, safari do many rare and unusual animals, my collection is limited as they aren't available here. The ones I have I am happy with tough.

Gab 17th May 2010 04:31 AM

That horse The Safari ltd Fresian it is something special for me too.

Lasersword1973 17th May 2010 04:43 AM

Welcome back, Doc. Glad you are back! :smile:

Congrats to your newest additions. I am also collecting Safari Ltd's figures now. But I am only serious about their Wing of the Worlds. I strongly believe they are the best in making birds. :wink:

Schleichzoo 17th May 2010 12:32 PM

Well done Doc.

The horse is stunning I agree.

I also think that armadillo is brilliant and really well made, unfortunately it is not in the exact Schleich scale which is a shame!