PDA

View Full Version : New Safari African buffalo and tapir

philter4
26th February 2010, 08:00 PM
I just got an order from T.G.F.Toys, which is by the way a great online store, which included a bunch of animals for Ana, plus an African buffalo from Papo and a Safari tapir for me, it has been a great week for me, got not only Ana's sculptures, but several animals from different people and stores and some great wood, some Hawaiian spalted iron wood that is simply some of the most beautiful wood I have recieved in a while. Anyway back to the reason for this post, here is the tapir next to Schleich new tapir.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/philter4/P2260633.jpg

The Safari tapir is slightly bigger then Schleich, but next to each other they look good together, the size difference is no greater then would be expected between 2 animals so they are going to be perfect for the Asian diorama.

Bowhead Whale
26th February 2010, 08:21 PM
Yes, they do look good together.

HKHollinstone
27th February 2010, 07:07 AM
Fab new additions Phil, congratulations!

Potamus
27th February 2010, 03:10 PM
Looking good! :)

Argh, why'd you have to point me toward TGF? Waving that sort of temptation in front of my face is just cruel...

philter4
27th February 2010, 03:40 PM
Looking good! :)

Argh, why'd you have to point me toward TGF? Waving that sort of temptation in front of my face is just cruel...

I'm trying to work on them to give me a commision on everything I sell off of the pics I post:biggrin: Just kidding, I like them because they have the most complete lines of all the major brands, plus they carry several smaller brands, that and the fact that the prices are good.

Bowhead Whale
27th February 2010, 07:45 PM
I wish that store was in my area...

philter4
27th February 2010, 09:54 PM
I wish that store was in my area...

It is an online store, I don't know the foreign shipping policy, but look them up they have just about every current model and many retired ones.

quagga
28th February 2010, 08:23 AM
I have ordered from TGFtoys several times. The prices are good and they always have a broad selection.

dean089
1st March 2010, 05:36 PM
It is an online store, I don't know the foreign shipping policy, but look them up they have just about every current model and many retired ones.

As far as I know they ship internationally. I've been buying from them for years.

Kikimalou
2nd March 2010, 04:43 PM
As far as I know they ship internationally. I've been buying from them for years.

I bought from them too without problems.

Bowhead Whale
2nd March 2010, 06:40 PM
I have ordered from TGFtoys several times. The prices are good and they always have a broad selection.

But I'm afraid of the shipping prices...

philter4
2nd March 2010, 07:47 PM
But I'm afraid of the shipping prices...

I don't know how much to ship to Canada, but here in the states they have 4 or 5 options, I usually choose priority, $5 flat rate and I get the box in 2 days every time. If it is a big order, like the last one, they use the medium flat rate box, they can fit a lot of animal figures and it is $9.95.

The only suggestion I have is order early in the week and early in the day, last order I made didn't go out right away, no long delays or anything, but here is an what happened, I made my order Thursday evening, they pulled it Friday, but they are not open Sat or Sun, so it didn't go out until Monday. Normally I make the order early in the day and it is pulled the same day and shipped the next, but the last order I did late in the day and that is what happened.

WILLYBACOBOY
2nd March 2010, 09:31 PM
Congrats on your new tapir and other stuff Phil!