PDA

View Full Version : Snowplough at work

playmofire
25th December 2009, 11:37 AM
Some years ago I bought a 3454 Unimog construction truck off eBay and this year I made a custom coupling so it would take the snowplough form the 4046 construction truck. Here are some photos of it in action.

The "snow" is just from a roll of cotton wool.

Coyote
25th December 2009, 11:43 AM
Awesome!
So how'd you do it? 3454 was the first set I ever got, and I remember many hours spent racing it up and down the hallways of my parents house... It came with a mail away certificate for a indian, as well, and when it arrived in the mail, that was it. Almost 30 years later, there is Playmobil under the tree for my own kids... (and hopefully me, too)

playmofire
25th December 2009, 11:54 AM
Awesome!
So how'd you do it? 3454 was the first set I ever got, and I remember many hours spent racing it up and down the hallways of my parents house... It came with a mail away certificate for a indian, as well, and when it arrived in the mail, that was it. Almost 30 years later, there is Playmobil under the tree for my own kids... (and hopefully me, too)

It's good to see the spirit of Playmobil has been paased on, Coyote, and I hope there's lots of PM for you too.

I'll post the custom details later today if I can.

irnm2001
25th December 2009, 05:38 PM
It is a wonderful custom Gordon. Thanks for sharing.

Mad Nick

Janette.
26th December 2009, 02:49 PM
It is a great custom and the cotton wool works well. We certainly don't see too many of those down here. :rolleyes: - none in fact.
cheers
Janette

playmofire
26th December 2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks, Nick and Janette.

Helen
24th January 2010, 04:51 AM
Gordon,

Even though I glanced at this snowplough before, I didn't really look at it properly. I love your adaptations, but it's so great to really see the care that you take if all the other stuff as well. I know that your snow isn't even cold, but wow does it look real.

Thanks

cdjiz
21st February 2010, 06:06 AM
As always, looks just great, thanks for sharing :tongue: