PDA

View Full Version : Boat racing team

S_B
14th July 2009, 10:00 PM
To support the 2001 limited edition Manta Ray race boat team #3041, I added parts of a second set and some vintage parts; I found both different sets of the old caravan # 3249 on e-bay (the one with the green tent and the brown roof and the one with the orange tent and the plain white roof, both almost complete but lacking windows, see page 60 of the Collector book, second issue) and started swapping. I also added the parts required by a winner; winners statue, bottle of Champagne and the flower ring. Now the team consists of 2 identical Jeeps, a trailer with racing boat, a caravan with tent in matching colors (the caravan received a modern axle with matching red rims and black rubber tires) an extra mechanic or a team captain, and that is what makes a winning team!
(One of the Jeeps didn't fit into my picture spot...)

I think the overall team colors work out nicely.

SB

irnm2001
15th July 2009, 12:21 AM
Very nice combinations. Thanks for sharing.

Mad Nick

Janette.
15th July 2009, 03:15 AM
the colours do work well. Nice set up.
Cheers
Janette

playmofire
15th July 2009, 05:14 AM
Really excellent, S_B. You've a great eye for combining parts of sets and making them look as if they've always been together.

S_B
15th July 2009, 01:00 PM
I liked the final reasult of combining pieces and sets so much, I started working on a second race boat team; #3399 'Speedstar' team, also to be equipped with a second truck and caravan. For the caravan I created new striping to fit the team. Once it is ready, I will post pictures...

SB.

playmofire
15th July 2009, 01:20 PM
I liked the final reasult of combining pieces and sets so much, I started working on a second race boat team; #3399 'Speedstar' team, also to be equipped with a second truck and caravan. For the caravan I created new striping to fit the team. Once it is ready, I will post pictures...

SB.

I look forward to that very much, S_B.