PDA

View Full Version : new ships crew

S_B
14th July 2009, 09:31 PM
It took me a while to get the parts together, still don't have the neck cuffs complete, but I think the overall look is okay.

SB.

irnm2001
15th July 2009, 12:26 AM
This one is very nicely done.

Mad Nick

Janette.
15th July 2009, 03:23 AM
Very nicely done indeed.
cheers
Janette

playmofire
15th July 2009, 05:05 AM
They look very smart indeed and are perfect for the boat they are rowing. I like the photo with the marine landing party in especially.

Which set does the boat come from, btw? I don't remember seeing it before.

S_B
15th July 2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks for your kind feedback!

Playmofire,

the boat is from last years limited edition set #4444.
Becoming harder/more expensive to get; I bought my first one in the Netherlands when it came out May last year for around 20 Euro. Later I saw it was offered for 13 Euro in Germany (Ebay). I still wanted to get a second one (to modify) but waited a bit. Now the cheapest ones on Ebay are 18-25 Euro's + shipping. I got my second one at a local toy store who had a 20% discount on all toys because of their new location opening. It was Euro 23 minus discount, paid less than 18 Euro's for it.

It is a nice small sailing boat but I thought it would also look nice as a jolly boat/long boat with a rowing party of sailors in it. To me it looks too small to fit a cannon, but I've seen historical pictures of small 'cannoneer' ships operating in coastal waters, rivers and harbours.
It fits in nicely between the largest rowing boat from set #4295 and the schooner, sizewise.
I modified some 'dollies' to fit into the foremost holes in the hull (which normally hold hooks for the sail) and now it can seat 3 rows of rowers instead of 2, which is not shown in any picture.
Biggest problem is the 4 different heights in floorboarding on the boat, this makes it difficult to line the sailors out and keep them in their position...

SB.

playmofire
15th July 2009, 01:23 PM
It looks just the job as a jolly boat/longboat, and your crew make it perfect. Your cannon looks right too, btw.