PDA

View Full Version : Best way to remove smoke scent from figures?

elclavo75
7th July 2009, 11:42 PM
Hi, I recently purchased some figures on ebay and sadly they arrived with the horrible stench of smoke in them. I'm sure most of us have been in this situation before as I have many times and I was wondering what tips or tricks you use to get the smoke scent out of your animal figures?

Gab
8th July 2009, 01:53 AM
Almost imposible...uoffff
Or you can try with quimical wich can damage the paint.

Birdlegs
8th July 2009, 09:41 PM
Try filling up a bag with unscented cat litter (unused, of course!) and burying the figures in it. This works to get musty and smoky smells out of books, but I don't know how it works on plastic. It may take a while-- I had a book covered in cat litter for three months before it stopped smelling like a wet basement.

Lasersword1973
9th July 2009, 01:56 AM
How about charcoal? I am not sure about this but Charcoal is a very good odor absorbent. I have tried this many times when my refrigerator has fishy smell. Or even rooms with high thinner smell after the painting job. Charcoal absorbs the odor very fast. Maybe you can try to put in a small box and put charcoal in it? See if the charcoal will absorb the odor?:confused: I think if still can't remove it, just wash it with non-bleach detergent.

Lasersword1973
13th July 2009, 02:00 PM
Have you tried soaking it in a fabric conditioner like Downy and Comfort? It may help and it won't affect coloration.